Saturday, February 02, 2008

Murmurmurmurmurmurmur...

So the gallery showing was nice last night and it was interesting to try and tell what bits of "Kensington Market History" were real and which were constructions. I wish that there had been some more content, but for a free event you can't really complain.

One thing I was pleased to be reminded of when I was there, was the Toronto Arts Council's Murmur Project. It helped to compensate for learning that the Secret Swing has not only been taken down, but the narrow, pinched alley it was in has been filled. Take that, magical whimsy! But yeah, I think it's a clever way to make a city seem more engaging and alive than just the stereotypical human rat den built from concrete and the broken dreams of recent immigrants.

Meanwhile, the comprehensive list of things which made David Banner hulk out on the old TV series is pretty much Komedy Kgold. I rather enjoyed...
"75. Beaten up by all the other prisoners in the work camp, in the middle of the night while he is trying to sleep, when he emphatically told them not to beat him up that particular night"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rather liked "24. Being tied up and fed soup by an elderly Japanese woman who doesn't
understand words like "You've GOT to cut me loose!""

Anonymous said...

I like #47. "But I have to be there by four!" New York Taxi Drivers...a whole different culture.