Thursday, September 13, 2007

Phoaaarr

Another quiet (blogwise) day, I'm afraid. Work has kept me very busy and I must admit that I'm embracing the increased intensity and challenges after the steady doldrum of data entry. The immediate neighborhood to my work is very pleasant (and conveniant as it's loaded with shops) but not terribly photo worthy. That being said, I gather I'm not far from one of London's more well known neighborhoods. I'll check my London A-Z and see if it's close enough that I could go and grab some photos on my lunch.

Meanwhile, the Chinese Terracotta Warriors have arrived in town and there's a good chance I'll be seeing them or at least finally making my pilgramige to Tower Bridge on Saturday so thar'll be news of that to look forward to.

Finally, my apologies for a lack of an "art upgrade" in the comic. Life got in the way of me finishing a bunch of character style guides I was drawing up, as it sometimes does. What's actually irritating, though, is that I gave into the urge to announce an improvment before it came about! This is something which I've privately gotten pretty annoyed by with when it comes to webcomic author newsposts and yet there I did it myself!

Well shucks howdy.

Also? Moby Dick is absolutely worth its reputation not to mention the literary wanking that one can do when they start to realize just how much of an influence Herman Melville's style of prose has had on so many that have come after him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you don't go see the terracotta warriors, I will drink water until my stomach is painfully distended, wait until you come back for Christmas, and then piss all over you.

Anonymous said...

Also, the Penguin classics are totally available in Canada according to Amazon.ca for about $4.20 to answer your previous question.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Ah! Nice to hear about those classics. Man, what a great deal.

Your threat is sufficiently motivating! Terracotta Warriors it is (especially since their time in London is far more limited than the Tower Bridge's).

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt Liz and Uncle Phil had to travel all the way to China to see those warriors!
No excuses! You have to see them while they are in London!
You lucky dog.