Saturday, September 15, 2007

First World Fiddling

So here is my first proper play around with "colouring". I think I've just about made up my mind about going black and white or colour. Though I suppose I could always do colour for the site and desaturate the images for any kind of printed collection I might be lucky enough to do, some two hundred comics or so down the road.

But then, since writing is and will most likely continue to be my stronger half of this word n' picture show, it's probably best to aim for whatever lets me put out the comic quicker and more frequently. Thus black and white looks to be a winner for the time being!

The Terracotta Warriors, and the British Museum in general, were quite a thing today. Sadly, cameras were not allowed in the central exhibit (the Warriors) but they were kosher everywhere else and thus I have plenty of great pictures I'll be putting up over the next couple of days. Now you have something to live for!

Also, the hunt for a better font continues. Opinions are always welcome!-----------------
Meanwhile, the topic of protracted adolescence is something worth thinking about and this short article takes an interesting, male-centric angle on the matter.

Also, it seems the world's oldest profession is not human exclusive. That is to say, CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CHIMP WHORES. DO IT NOW.

7 comments:

Shawn M. said...

I like Webletterer.

And that's my opinion!

Anonymous said...

A very rare occurrence, I agree with Shawn.
Oh my god is the world coming to an end ? !!!

Shawn M. said...

Hey! I'm very agreeable! You're just being a stubborn, old, irrelevant coot!

A COOT, I SAY

Anonymous said...

Oliver, I thought of you today (an outstanding occurrance [sp?] on its own) when writing a blog post.

See here:

http://kate-by-choice.livejournal.com/2007/09/16/

Oliver Brackenbury said...

An outstanding occurrence or an occurrence because I'm outstanding?

Eh?

Ahhh.

Pretty neat stuff! I'd be even more enthused if they planned to use this stuff to cut the world's population in half!

I kid!

(sorta)

Anonymous said...

Ben's left arm is frighteningly long. What happened? Did you forget about foreshortening?Perspective, my dear boy.
Otherwise a delightful drawing.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

I tried to model it after my own freakish limbs!

THE LIMBS YOUR DNA GAVE ME