Sunday, September 02, 2007

Not that Prince Albert

Man, I do believe that the comic is going to be postponed until tomorrow in the interest of quality. It's really my own fault, as I've once again tried to run before I can walk with this thing. But there is a pretty decent consolation prize, pictures of the superb sight I alluded to yesterday - The Prince Albert Memorial.Now I knew that Queen Victoria had grieved for the death of her husband rather thoroughly (what with her wearing all black every day of her life but one, from the funeral onward). I knew that as Queen of the British Empire at it's height, she'd have some serious resources to draw upon for a tribute. But still, I was absolutely stunned when I came across this while walking from Kensington Palace to the Serpentine Gallery.
If you want to see some pictures underneath the monument and to learn more about how it was built, you can check out this here webpage.Each of the four outer corners is dedicated to one of the continents which the Empire held notable sway over. First we have Africa with it's camel.Then we have Asia with it's Elephant.
Followed by a Bull for Europe.
And finally, a Buffalo for North America.
And finally the big man himself.As if all this wasn't enough, we have the more widely known Royal Albert Hall which lay right where Albert's statue can keep an eye on it.
Tomorrow you all shall be treated to the loose photo's from Friday's bloody long walk and a new First World Problem strip. I'm going to try for another mid-week one as well, though I shall try to restrain myself and just do a simple, linear, three or four panel comic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, as always. Prince Albert must have been one heck of a guy.