Sunday, July 01, 2007

It feels weird....

....not being in Canada on its birthday.

Though, thanks to Mum and my Aunt Sheila, I do have a fat wedge of chocolate cake wrapped in a small Canadian flag!

HAVE FUN GETTING DRUNK IN THE STREETS EVERYBODY.

I

I'll be doing my laundry.

Hopefully nobody pees on the War Memorial on Elgin St. this year!

Addendum: Though not nearly as big a deal as a national birthday, England is having a rather special day today as well. The national smoking ban has finally come into effect. It's kind of funny to read about, having seen all the usual pro and anti arguments having played out in Canada years ago. Some of my coworkers were theorizing about how this might "ruin pubs and bars" just as I remember various pundits doing on CJOH news. I reckon it'll be just the same as it was in Canada, a lot of meaningless whinging for the first three months and then acceptance.

The best part about a smoking ban is that, touch wood, I honestly do not think it could ever end up being reversed. Can those of you in Ottawa or Toronto honestly imagine it happening?

3 comments:

Shawn M. said...

Its birthday. Its!

I WILL MAKE YOU LEARN YET BOY

Shawn M. said...

Also, thanks!

Oliver Brackenbury said...

BAH