Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fwaaah

Just a little doodle - more Athens and Athens notes to come when I'm not feeling so burnt out on computers at the end of the day. But I thought I'd mention that the script I've been developing for MySpace Man has gotten to a draft which warrents going into pre-production! So hey hey, that ball is starting to seriously roll and though scripts tend to need continuous attention in the form of minor tweakings, the majority of my work on that is done and I can now focus on new things.

Since there are stunts and CGI involved, the pre-production will be lengthier than for most 20 minute shorts. Not wanting to lose inertia, my collaborator has asked me if I want to make a simple (I.E., two or three characters, mostly out side so lighting is easy) five to ten minute short in the meantime. So I'm brainstorming away and scraping my notebooks to try and have a synopsis of something fun and easy to make...

Also, I got my tax refund today and by golly it is pretty okay! I definitely feel better about what I spent on Athens now, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun and easy? How about Liberia: The Musical?

Scene: War-torn streets of Monrovia. All the buildings are giant meat-grinders of varying antiquity with escalators leading to the top.

Enter General Butt-Naked, with chorus line of malnourished child soldiers...


It writes itself!

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Good gravy! Haev you found that Curious George/Sierra Leone thing we drew up at the cottage last summer?