Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I just found this picture of me...

...that I took at Gatwick, when I arrived back on October 1st. Jetlag does a body good......though I think my mood may have also been affected by the horrible, horrible man I saw about ten feet ahead of where I am sitting there. He was about 5'3, fat, had a cane....probably in his mid-forties and he had a massive pompadour with Elvis sideburns. Also, glasses like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. Dude was arguing with his equally diminutive and miserable looking wife, waving the cane about for emphasis. He struck a blow for gender relations everywhere when he proclaimed "Woman, you keep arguing with me and I'll smack your teeth out".

WELCOME TO ENGLAND, MR. BRACKENBURY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I went to England, I had just walked out of the Tower Hill tube station and up a street a bit to one of the plague graveyards when this man ran past us from a pub, his nose a bloody wreck, blood dripping from his fingers. My dad turns to me and said "Someone was talking when he should have been listening."

Good times.

Shawn M. said...

I AM A FAT MAN WITH A CANE. THIS MEANS I AM IN CHARGE!

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Seriously, what made it even worse that he was - at the same time - trying to get directions from some poor sod that worked at the airport. I could tell the poor employee didn't know what to do, whether to just let the couple play out a dynamic that was clearly old hat to them or to consider contacting security.

Oddly, I have yet to be in an aggressive pub! Not thtat I'm in a rush.