Saturday, May 05, 2007

Bits and pieces to be followed by a good steak

I'm sure a lot of you inter-naut's have already at least heard of this, but I thought I'd post Jon Stewart's recent interview with Sen. John McCain if only because of how refreshing it is to see someone that high up the U.S. chain of command be called on the kind of bullshit which they've been spouting in regards to everyone's favorite conflict.



Meanwhile, I found this picture of the senator taken on April 24th, 1974 - shortly after his return from having been a Vietnamese POW for five years. Frankly, I just think he looks kind of impressive - in a similar vein to the news reporter in my last Scriptin' Fancy-Like post. I haven't given it any serious thought yet, but there is something I find very striking about these well shot, B&W pictures of men in dress shirts and pre-contemporary settings. I hope it isn't that nauseating nostaliga for a time before one's own, which has seized so many by the teets.
Anyways, I'm off to Camden market now. One thing I'm trying to do with my exploration of London is to make a point of not getting stuck in a rut of always hitting the big tourist points and the same twenty square miles in the heart of the city. This is not only for variety but because I don't want to crush the exhiliration that the Enbankment, Soho, Picadilly, Oxford Circus and St. James park area gives me! To reduce them to flavorless, well-chewed gum would be great shame.

2 comments:

Robert.Near said...

This kept me entertained while I waited for you to come online. Until you didn't come online *boo hooo hooo*

Oliver Brackenbury said...

I AM A BAD MAN

A bad, bad man.