Wednesday, October 04, 2006

As the dance instructor said to the student with ADHD - "One step at a time!"

I am investigating BBC work experience and it has been a bright spot for sure. I most certainly do have "a relevant degree" AND, not "or" but "AND" I "have made a short film". Plus I can put my two CSTC courses under the additional qualifications segment. I might even include stinky ol' "Trenchcoats & Corsets". Oh, I love that movie as it is my first baby....and I assure you it isn't a morbid thing that I mostly see it's faults. It's just so I know better for next time - as I did when I made "Tonight...". I'm already starting to see all the little things I could have done better in "Tonight...", but the difference this time is that I am immensly proud of so many more aspects to the work. I am still very excitited to start hustling with this puppy.

I was also lucky enough to spot a copy of "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72" and...and...and I...am too tired to keep writing! A family friend, who I watched grow up, has said that I should wait about a week for the jetlag to finally surrender. I swear, it is like getting a sneak preview of my senior years...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

a title that grabs attention is everything. I have plugged you and your trailer in my own bloggie thing. Your success is assured.

Great news about the potential lead at the beeb mate!

Anonymous said...

Your blog has now been plugged in my otherwise-useless and semi-defunct LiveJournal.

But, you know, the thought was there.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

I guess! At least only the people on your livejournal friends list, which doesn't include me, will see it. I...I guess!

Hey Marco, may I grab the link to your own little site there?

Anyways, thanks to both you guys. Obviously I do not encourage any shyness in pushing my baby around. That little guy needs some humility.

Also, advertising the movie.

Er...*plot development*.

Anonymous said...

Hey Oliver!

This is a pretty neat blog, seeing as it's one of them there travelogs. It's interesting to see how you're doing and good luck with peddling movieness!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered uploading your baby to ifilm.com? It's like youtube, but slightly classier. It is also free, as far as I own.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

I shall investigate das ifilm.com, Tom. Thanks for the link my man.

Hello Jackie! Thanks for the compliment and good wishes. I will need a good deal of luck, even though I haven't headed off to the gold and semen drenched shores of Babylon (re: Hollywood). One of the biggest challenges ahead of me will be to simply stand out from the 30 million or so people living in London.

Maybe...maybe if I wear a t-shirt with something clever on it?

Anywho, I had a peek at your livejournal and it was good fun. Your profile picture doesn't look much like you though! You should get Heather or Shawn to a picture of you in your favorite shoes and put that up. This I hearby decree by merit of my having also used a camera, sometimes.