Friday, March 21, 2008

Street Magic!

I just got back from a meeting with my web series collaborator that was pretty damn productive. I wish it wasn't the height of unprofessionalism to post every step of the process here, but luckily it isn't unprofessional to post the results and today we're a big step closer to doing that.

One thing that I can share is how he said to me that if I wrote something that could be as successful as "David Blaine's Street Magic" then he would throw money at me until I would never need another dollar. The first episode of the series has garnered fifteen million hits on YouTube, so basically only a few million short of something to do with Britney Spears' tits.

That is actually a compliment!

But out of the four online, the second and third are the best - so I've shared them below. All you really need to know going in is that "David Blaine" likes to harass the same two guys with various magic tricks. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was pretty good.

Unfortunately, I must now demand that you write something that would incorporate the best fight scene to ever exist with the first 1:16 of the 4th Movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Star Wars fanfic ahoy!

Damn you George Lucas, you've ruined symphonic orchestra music for me!

Anonymous said...

OK so lets really test your skills !

This is more soothing :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1iLqXZHO45o

I challenge you and your mighty pen :-))


TCG

Shawn M. said...

It is impossible not to crack up when "Blaine" gazes into the camera as if to say, LOOK WHAT I HAVE DONE WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.

Also, did you ever watch the South Park episode about David Blaine? It was pretty fantastic.

Shawn M. said...

Hrm. Tom, the orchestral piece reminds me a little of the Doctor Who soundtrack, but I can't place why. And yes, I do say everything I think!

Oliver Brackenbury said...

No! What season is it?

ALSO I SAW THAT COMMENT YOU TRIED TO DELETE

YOU CAN HIDE FROM OTHERS BUT NOT FROM ME

ME AND DAVID BLAINE

Anonymous said...

Hrm. All the Strange, Strange Creatures from Season 3 perhaps? I don't know.

Also, Oliver: Where is my Star Wars Fanfic?

Shawn M. said...

I think that's it, Tom. But only for about half a minute. So really, I am wasting your time. Mwahaha!

Also, why did I ever bother writing a comment wherein I confess to every cardinal sin I've ever committed - just before deleting it from this site, but not from God and/or Oliver?

Shawn M. said...

The episode is called "The Super Best Friends" and features the lads teaming up with religious figures (Jesus, Buddha, etcetera) to fight the evil powers of David Blaine. It's also amusing to note that the Prophet Mohamed appears in this episode and no one threw a fit because it was before anyone decided that his image was worth throwing a fit over!

Shawn M. said...

PLOP

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shawn-02, your Communist Mutant Traitor Crimes will never escape the ever watchful eye of Friend Computer and INTSEC agent Olive-R-BKY-03. Please report to the mandatory voluntary self-chastisement booth for Happy-Fun-Brain-Scrubbing.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Ha! I like how it's a kind of prototype to the Scientology episode.

Shawn M. said...

Yeah! I mean, it was in the fifth season - and they're on their twelfth now.