Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I know I've said it before but...

....THIS guy is also going to touch you in places no doctor has ever found.Oh yes, it's the King of Kensington. I think they should have made him a lot fatter though, since my first thoughts were more along these lines when I first came across him.Now that we have an answering machine, I don't feel so damn pinned to the apartment while job hunting. I'm going to make a point of bringing my camera with me while taking walks and so there should be some more activity here, if only for that.Funny thing about Spadina...I remember having one of the most vivid dreams of my life, about two years ago, in which I actually had a large degree of lucid dreaming going on. In it I first found my way out of a helter-skelter downtown Ottawa and out into a snowy plain. I eventually stumbled upon a long railway track and in stepping over it I caught sight of a magnificent, golden city on the horizon. It was encased in a kind of ethereal bubble and I had to navigate this strange bridge before I could get across. Parts of the bridge rotated at random, like some demented Super Mario Brothers level, but eventually I found myself on the other side.

When I was there, I knew I was in the city I was supposed to be in. Looking ahead of me was an almost endless road which I realized my mind had stolen from Toronto - from Spadina. Along the horizon there were countless buildings from all the cities I've ever been too. I soon after stumbled into a leafy, tree filled neighborhood that was from nowhere in particular - although I felt this golden, composite city was a kind of dreamtime London. It filled me with an incredible sense of purpose and well-being.Standing to take a couple of these photographs, it all came back to me. That it was a lucid dream made the flashback all the more vivid. I wouldn't say I felt like I was standing with one foot in my dreams and on in reality, but maybe I enjoyed an instant of being one step beside that.

--------

Addendum
: This is bloody fascinating and has gone a long way towards restoring my sense of curiosity in what archaeologists might find next.

No comments: