Thursday, January 24, 2008

Toe-Rannnnna

Well, I've been hoofing it around more and am starting to get a better sense of my bearings vis a vis the main streets of downtown Toronto. "College", "Bloor", "Yonge", "Bathurst" and "Spadina" are all lining up in my mental map and once that is settled I'll be able to quickly populate it with All The Neat Things. Soon enough I am going to find the Secret Swing and post it up here, if nothing else.

The transit system is also starting to make more sense, although I sorely miss the OC Transpo and London Transport journey planners. The TTC website is, in general, poorly designed and not nearly as much help in helping you figure out the best way to get from A to B.Meanwhile, I done helped paint my room today - doing the dawdling job that my lack of experience with house painting would allow. Oddly, it's pretty much the exact shade of paint that was used in my room when I lived in Ottawa's Chinatown about four years (and change) ago.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://crazedmonkey.com/toronto-transit-map/

You may now commence your worship.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Holy crap!

I'll go cut a calf right now.

Anonymous said...

You are totally my bitch forever. No one out information manages Thomas Kenneth Lewis!

Anonymous said...

1. The secret swing no longer exists....sniff

2. The place where you took your picture (at casaloma on the stairs overlooking spadina at davenport) was one of my favourite spots when I first moved here. Narcotics may or may not have been involved.

3. I've had a couple of drinks and spelled 'first' in that last one as 'furts' before editing it.

4. Don't send a girl your blog. She'll read it. :\

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Don't worry about the typo, I know ladies don't actually furt (or sweat, right?). And hey, I ain't got nothing worth feeling shame about that I've uploaded.

THAT WAS NOT A CHALLENGE.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE.

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER "Unhurried Buggery" INTO THE SEARCH FUNCTION

IT...IT WOULD GIVE YOUR COMPUTER A "VIRUS"

Anonymous said...

or give my "computer" a virus..


blink, blink.

Anonymous said...

http://tessgirard.blogspot.com/

to even the scores... (I have about three posts and they're all about filmmaking. You're at a disadvantage, brackenbury.)

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Ah ha! I like the swiss tree tops clip, to be sure. Meanwhile, I have a clip of Victor's bloody hand - so I'd say the advantage is mine!

I gotta go do laundry (FUN) but when I get back? So many emails will I answer.

Anonymous said...

So Many?

Did I drunkenly write you THOUSANDS of emails? Sorry, it's a problem of mine. :\