Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tarahhhhna

Well, post #400 and I'm in Toronto now. Not where I expected to be by now, but then I rarely am.

I'll be pretty crappy for emails etc in the next two or three days as I figure out the neighborhood and attend to all sorts of tasks, but then "regular service" should resume.

One thing I will note about Toronto is that it seems to have a very similar relation to the rest of the country as London does to England - namely in the perceptions of those looking in and those looking out.

Looking in: It is dirty, crowded, crime-ridden and full of people with their head's up their arses. Some nice things to look at, though.

Looking out: The world more or less ends at city limits. Everything you could ever want is here, why live anywhere else? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to book a vacation for somewhere with different weather, people.

These are, of course, sweeping generalizations but still worth noticing I think. I'm heading into towne tomorrow (the friend of the family with whom I'm temporarily staying is a little ways out from what most folk think of when they think of Toronto) and will most likely take a picture or two. I realize that this city is far less exotic to most of you, but I just see that as a challenge to find the really interesting bits.
----------
ALSO: This is just my damn favorite Scarygoround in some time, mostly for the first and last panels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping Toronto will treat you well. I can only hope you find solace in your prophylactics and dreadful unguents.