Monday, July 23, 2007

Pulsating Balloon

Sheesh.
So after some long-winded Skype with Paw, I seem to have a way of making word bubbles in Corel Photo-Paint.

It's more arduous then feels right though...it feels more like a work-around than a solution but here we are. I need to spend some time today NOT in front of a computer as my ass is turning into a kind of pulsating balloon and it is not a comfortable sensation! Tomorrow my dear, tomorrow. At least I can lay back in bed and get a head start on the art for the next strip so hopefully I won't be setting a pattern of delayed updates from the frigging get-go.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll keep going through the GIMP mini-tutorials until I have the requisite skillz to pay the word bubble billz.

*sob*

IN OTHER NEWS
I have an interview on Wednesday for a different job in Soho. But it is with a film post-production company so I can't shit my pants with dissatisfaction too hard.

I can't do that!

Plus I am apparently to be interviewed by another "Oliver". Wish me luck! OR DON'T.

I must admit, I'd thought I'd be meeting Oliver's by the dozen over here but this guy will only make #2 since I arrived last October. It's a bit strange since this would make Oliver's, in my experience, only marginally more common than they are in Canada (I think I've met four there in my entire life). I'd expected they'd be as common as "Mike". Live and learn.

Addendum: Posterchild illustrates a pretty good point today. His art, as always, is stellar but holy crap scroll down to see the mobile phone pictures he put up.

No comments: