Sunday, May 06, 2007

'Zis is, perhaps, most basic comic you are havink

The character is the fourth and final member of the Main Cast, a fellow named Ben who hasn't featured yet in the Bronze Age stories or in the little preview sketches. While I work on getting more strips done, I'll use this one as a template for experimentation and displaying the results.
Word bubbles and using layers to slide in photographes for the train windows will be the first things I screw around with, most likely. Anywho...still need to work on this and that, but I feel like progress is being made and this definitely topped up my interest/excitement for the project. I guess I could have taken more time on this but I was just so excited to be doing a proper strip instead of doodles and such.
Meanwhile I'm meeting MySpace Man to talk over the changes for the second draft of "Momentum" (AKA the scifi short with Parkour in it). I'm looking forward to it, partially because my collaborator claims he knows a Thai food place in Picadilly which sells all you can eat for three quid...but also because I'm really curious to see what our combined notes and ideas will gel into.

3 comments:

Shawn M. said...

It should come as no surprise that this strip made me laugh, since you and I are the same person (or so I am told).

Still, I like it!

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Hooray!

KOMEDY LAFF TALLEY: 1

Anonymous said...

This Ben looks vaguely familiar :-))