Saturday, February 10, 2007

(This was in the post below, but I could not get the sodding formatting to behave!)

With the obvious exception of my "Ode to Rotting Tyres By a Railway Station" picture, I have generally kept to the very picturesque with my pictures thus far. Here I choose to deviate slightly. That being said, I find my own aesthetic delights in a lot of these pictures that may come from either a less biased appreciation of the way the world looks or perhaps the kind of naive fascination with slightly grimier things which can come from growing up a clever country lad.

Maybe both.

Ah but I'm being a bit grandiose, this is hardly ghetto - it can just seem that way compared to the two million pound flats around Trafalgar square or when you read about weaponized dog breeders in the same borough as you. For that I'd need to investigate the East End and select parts south of the river. I'm just in a fiddly mode, knowing I need a good nights rest if I'm to be out for eight odd hours drinking and reporting on the Shortwave festival tomorrow night (with work early the next day). Too tired and antsy to write or draw, I turned myself out with the camera for a bit of fresh air is all.

Go to bed old man, before you really get rambling.

No comments: