Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Update: Fuck

Oh boy oh boy, my faith is being tested here. By "faith" I guess I really mean, patience.

So I have two days of confirmed work on Monday and Tuesday for a different company near Tottenham Court. The three-week thing is up in the air due to some stupidity on the part of the hiring company (as opposed to the recruitment company). The recruitment companies claim of being able to pay me by cashable cheques turned out to be false, so I had to get off the phone and ask my hosts to use their bank information. Luckily, so I could call them back, the recruiters gave me the phone number for the wrong office! I'm also a fan of the fact that in order to claim my pay, I'll have to fax my timesheet to them. Ray covers that pretty well in the latest Achewood, so I'll leave it to him. A cartoon cat.

Between this and a lot of nonsense involving paperwork, lazy people and my trying to claim jobseekers insurance (re: the dole)...well, I can honestly say that I will never need to get in a bumper car match with a dozen mongoloids. I already know the feeling.

But then my spirits were lifted right back up by Richard Dawkins and John Stewart donkey-punching Ted Haggart (my apologies for the uploaders truly remarkable video signature at the end of the clip). Hot damn, I really need to pick up a dvd of Dawkin's The Root of All Evil? some time. Good ol' Andy Brown introduced it to me in the summer and it served as a good primer for The God Delusion. Apparently the BBC editorial board fucked with the title to make it more attention-seeking, which goes a long way to explaining it. But title aside, it's great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ted Haggart was really, really creepy and while I will admit the Dawkins often seems to have the air of academic authority that can come across as arrogance, Haggart came across as a truly disgusting human being.

I'm personally just glad that Haggart is over. "You can be great like me." my ass.

Anonymous said...

So Dude
Fax your timsheet from where your working at their expense, looks like you have to work the system like every one else it seems.

Nice Photos of London, what are they doing to pigeons to stop them shitting on you ?

Shawn M. said...

Stewart calling it an "unbelievably ironic clip" was about as apt as you can get. Yeesh.

Also, your typo ("a god primer") was the kind of typo that is okay.

Shawn M. said...

Though I will say this: Dawkins does strike me as arrogant. I love the man and I agree with his arguments quite wholeheartedly, but he seemed just as ready to blow his top in his disbelief and indignance.