Thursday, December 20, 2007

When you get drunk and party inside it you're allowed to call it the "Diefencrunker"

So!

I just got back from the second go in front of the camera and my first monologue that I can feel decent about. I'm sorrrrrely tempted to post the actual text, but I'm going to raise my testicles into the "steely courage" position (they're like aircraft landing gear, ladies) and wait until a rudimentary edit is put together that I can then upload for feedback.

The other nice thing is that my collaborator and I got chatting afterwards about our mutual desire to film something in the Diefenbunker before we die of old age and it led into a spontaneous brainstorming session of the absolute best kind - one that produces tons of interconnected ideas as well as an intense enthusiasm to get working on them. So with that, I must now fall into my fat green notebook and not crawl out for a few hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever gone to their movie screenings? They're awesome. Nothing like watching Cold War flicks in the frigid basement.

Author said...

I win - I already filmed inside of the Diefenbunker... but it was just of our tour... mostly me looking for my Dad, who has a tendancy towander off from the group looking for secret passageways and hidden treasure. Fun times... really... can you sense my sarcasm?

Oliver Brackenbury said...

They have movie screenings? Man, I seriously have gotta check that out - especially if they are classic Cold War films. The greatest appeal of the Diefenbunker to me, other than my having grown up beside it, is the dark mixture of humor and horror that it provides via all the misconceptions of those who built it.

Want to know how many women they were going to have in the base to help rebuild civilization? NONE. Not even the PM's wife! Imagine having that discussion with your loved one!

Also, Tania, I would totally have done the same thing as your dad...

Anonymous said...

once a month. Here's the link: http://www.diefenbunker.ca/english/docs/0/236/233.asp?type=Web&id=233

Shawn and I saw Dr. Strangelove there. It was great. Free popcorn too!