Thursday, November 01, 2007

South Bank Tour Part 1: Bo-ats

Yesterday I took along walk along the southern bank of the Thames, starting at London Bridge station (which is surprisingly far from London Bridge, given the name). I've once again remembered that I have barely touched upon London south of the river and so I'm going to try to get down there in the next while. Christ, I drank at Brixton's in Ottawa at least a dozen times and yet I've never been to Brixton! That has to be rectified.
The HMS Belfast.
The Golden Hinde.
Then we have this beautiful escapee from a Terry Gilliam animation. I found it in Hay's Galleria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should go to Hays Wharf/Gallery.
The Ghost of your Grandfather Reg spends time there I understand as it used to be one of his workplaces when managing goods for British Rail during the late fifties and early sixties.
Did you feel anything behind you walking around there?