Monday, September 17, 2007

The British Museum: Part 1 - CLOCKS

So yes, on Saturday it was pretty plain that the demand to see the Terracotta Warriors was (and is) pretty high in London. I got to the British Museum for 10:30am and was told the first free timeslot (with people being funneled in one end of the exhibit and out the other pretty much nonstop) was 2:20pm. Luckily I had the rest of the museum to explore and luckily the museum is in a neighborhood I am quite familiar with (the museum lay a few blocks east of Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus). Logically I should start with the outside and main interior chamber of the museum, but I promised CLOCKS. FANCY CLOCKS. So that's what you get!This impressive ship-clock was designed to roll along the length of a banquet table and to fire off certian cannon's (just a flashbang, of course) to signify moving from one course to another!Phew! Man...so many nice clocks. I gotta go towel off THE SWEAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SWEAT HERE. More to come later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the ship clock ,firing off cannons during the banquet.Thanks for the wonderful photos.