Friday, August 10, 2007

"Look at all that gossip!"

Well I feel like the interview went pretty well yesterday. I even had a decent answer, which earned a good reception, when the dreaded "Where do you see yourself in X years?" question arose.
The editing and composing test was also nice in that it was an actual test of what I'd be expected to do on the job - so my internal spellchecker was able to function normally, unlike when I've been presented with a ten question "Do you spell the word this way or that way?" grade five style quiz. There's nothing like regressing to keep you sharp! (?).Not a whole heck of a lot to report today folks, alas.But I thought I'd bring in a couple of pictures from Broadstairs. The little pool is for crabs and the like to collect and then be enjoyed by small children and their patient minders.And finally we have me doing it up "Perez Hilton" style. Well, not quite, as I actually found this amusing (you may not?).
I'd hyperlink to his website but honestly, it's not worth the hype(rlink). A few people had told me it was basically a snarky, chubby gay guy with a teenage bathroom dye-job that spends twelve hours a day sitting at a Starbucks with his laptop and drawing pseudo-legible, funny captions on unflattering pictures of celebrities. "That could be amusing" I foolishly thought.

I felt pretty cheated by what I saw. Writing "FATT" on a picture of Lindsey Lohan does not a "guffaw" make. What the hell? Popular stereotypes had taught me that all gay guys had an inherent wit, particularly when it comes to catty remarks about celebrities! Also an impeccable fashion sense. Maybe....maybe being homosexual just means you desire the same gender as your own.

Maybe that's all it ever really meant?

Deep
.

Anyways!

This kind of goes off the rails after the first two minutes but those two minutes sum him up very well.

6 comments:

Shawn M. said...

What... guy's website?

Also, I deeply, deeply enjoy the Anne Rice cosmetics.

I'll find a way to make sure this picture ruins your life ten years from now, by and by.

I AM YOUR FRIEND

Shawn M. said...

Oh, I eventually discovered literacy and realised that I had read "Perez Hilton" as "Paris Hilton." Which still worked in the context of your picture, you see. The picture I printed and stapled to my pillow?

jessrawk said...

if your snarky rendition of a perez hilton photo is much more funny than any actual perez hilton photo.... does that make you a better gay man?


just checking.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Oooooh!

I'll get you Jess! I'll get you with...a photo of you with "OOGLY" written on it! On the innernet!

THAT'LL SHOW YA

Shawn: I won't deny, I broke out my patented "Pleased with self, very" grin upon coining the Anne Rice bit.

jessrawk said...

NOOOOO! Not an OOGLY picture! Goddamnit.... okay.... I take back my backhanded compliment, alright? You drive a hard, hard bargain...

Anonymous said...

Love those swim shorts!
I read "Paris" instead of "Perez" too. That's what speed reading does for you.
All very confusing.
Nice pictures of Broadstairs.
Isn't Pallor spelt with teo "LL's?
Wouldn't want to get pedantic about these English language points like a certain grammar Nazi that posts comments here.