Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Committed

Just thought I'd share a short film by my friend Gina, who wrote and directed this as her final project this year. I rather enjoyed it and if you feel the same while also being in posession of a YouTube account, then by all means please head over and give her a nice rating and/or comment.



Meanwhile, in my own film adventures, some of you may recall that I've been working on another, minimalist short to make with Myspace Man* while Momentum's arduous pre-production grinds away. For the past month I've been bashing my head against the laptop in trying to come up with a five minute comedy centered around a tennis match but luckily it turns out Mr. Man and I are both huge Fallout fans (and fans of the post-apocalyptic genre in general). After discovering that during a recent chat, the mini-short has now taken a decidedly different direction which seems to be massaging all the right brain meats for me to start cranking out pages at an appreciable pace. This is something we want to get working on asap and hopefully I will be able to flash it by y'all before the end of the year.

*For those of you recently tuning in, "Myspace Man" is my nom de plume for a fellow that I am collaborating on film projects with at the moment. Three guesses which poorly designed social networking website I met him on.

3 comments:

Ηυσεβιος Μαρκος said...

that's how clueless I am, I didn't even know the fallout franchise was still going lol

here I was going down memory lane of fallout 2 back from my HS days lol

Anonymous said...

Fact: Each CD of Fallout 1 and 2 was forged from the bones of God.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Sadly, Fallout Tactics was only forged from the bones of Nietzsche.

Don't worry Marc, Fallout three has been in development hell for literally a decade. It's no longer even being made by the original company (Bethesda). By the time it comes out I'll need a new computer in order to be able to run the damn thing...but if any program could convince me to do such a thing then this is the one.

I highly suggest you look up the trailer on YouTube. It layed all my fears to rest on whether or not the new company would understand the aesthetics of the Fallout world - which is really a much higher priority then perfectly replicating ten year old gameplay, as most of the raving fanboys have been wailing about in the vast depths of the internet forums.