Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yeah yeah, LINKS

Lately I've been finding that I feel just fine when I eat a bit less than the portions which fueled by pubescent rise to 6'2, 195 lbs and it's gotten my mind on food. Instead of rambling on about my diet, fascinating as that may be, I think I'll instead link to something genuinely interesting and tangentially related. This is a blog where an American fellow who actually wanted to get some idea of what it felt like to be poor, spent a month with a total food budget of only $30. I went into reading it a bit cynical, as tends to my way, but by the end I felt like I'd actually read an interesting and empathic exercise - not trite voyeurism. Topically enough, when related to my recent post, the same guy also tried to do a webcomic every day for a month - with less stellar results.

No comments: