Saturday, February 03, 2007

Banksy!

I know at least some of you are already aware of this guy, but since I found some of his work near my place I thought I'd bring him up.
Banksy is arguably the most notorious street artist going, which is saying something given how many there are and how many are focused entirely on gaining widespread recognition. I always admire how he not only manages incredibly daring pieces, like those he did on that wall the Israeli's built so as to destroy any sympathy I might have had left for them and their troubles, but the fact that he shows a great deal of genuine artistic talent and thought in his subversive images.
Though you can find it in his book, I thought I'd post a couple of my own photos of a piece that I discovered just across the street from Archway Station, about five minutes walk from my apartment. I wouldn't say this is his best work, but I do enjoy it.

No comments: