Saturday, November 11, 2006

My Canadian Bravado Has Gone Cold and Fallen Off

Holy god......it's supposedly ten degrees warmer here than in Ottawa, technically. Yet I am freezing! The whole "wet cold/dry cold" dichotemy is true! I was all chuffed up about resisting the cold elements, drawing upon years of -35c Ottawa weather to give me the necessary chutzpah to laugh in the face of English weather.

But I ain't laughin'. Oh no.

Meanwhile, not much to report. Gonna go see a movie this weekend and perhaps have a drink with the lads. Otherwise life is pretty much in a holding pattern for me until this Tuesday's interview. I feel very confident though, since I have passed the difficult part (that skill test) and only have this interview for the purposes of selling them my chisled features. The "do-we-like-your-face" style of interview has never been a problem for me, so I have high hopes. The only worry is if they decide to screw me around like Lead Generators seems to be doing.

But ah well, we'll see what comes up.

Call me perverse, but the beautiful fall weather is driving me more and more towards work on my horror script. The tenative title is "Archbrook" and I am sticking with the age of my female protagonist (around 58) because it opens up a whole world of new and interesting possabilities. It's definitely shaping up to be a kind of mystery where the horror is implied more than it sometimes is in this genre. Why on earth the changing of leaves gives me inspiration to write of gentlemen cults and various prediciments in which to place an older woman, I'll never know!

But hey, it beats the hell out of writers block.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not suprised your feeling the cold if you are only wearing the same as Borat. LOL

Shawn M. said...

I will say this about Saw, having dissected it in film class: it is very, very 'pretty.' (As someone who appreciates cinematography, you'll know exactly what I mean!)

I hope the job pulls through for ye; though we miss you back home (little Billy can walk on his own now without support!), it'd suck for you to have to return to us as a man defeated and weepy. God, I hate weepy men.

Finally: Pervert.

Anonymous said...

Civilization has made you weak, by Crom! Do you no longer cover yourself in rancid animal fat to keep out the cold? Where are your furs?

Bah. I go to to crush my papers, see them driven into the mailbox before me, and hear the lamentations of the T.A.s

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Sorry Toman, but all the animals have been killed and rendered into Tesco ready-meals. Alas!

Also I admit that Saw could potentially have some merit. That being said, it sounds to me like they just lined up a series of catch-22 choices in a row and called it a movie. Then another one. Then...another one.

Good to hear about Billy. That time I crippled him by swearing too loud was truly unfortunate!