Monday, June 23, 2008

The days...

Jesus jumped up Christ I cannot believe I'm already on the last week of this six week sabbatical. I'm reminded of a cynical bit (as if Shannon Wheeler can write any other kind) from the old Too Much Coffee Man comics. Basically TMCM get's wound up about the progression of time and how it races by when he's engaged in projects (satisfying or otherwise) but that the only way to stretch it out is to waste it by doing nothing (or at least nothing personally satisfying).

I'd like to provide a rejoinder but I don't have one at the moment. Perhaps there's one in here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, so long as everything remains on schedule and you get everything done that you planned to get done and avoid spending every penny you own in BMV Books, it's all good, right? Admittedly unsatisfactorily, I suppose, but good in that you accomplished what you set out to do.

Author said...

Wow! Time really HAS flown by. Hope you found the sabbatical fulfilling. Back to the grind again?

Oliver Brackenbury said...

A week today I should be returning to it, yes. I feel good about the break and I have gotten things done that I wanted to do - with a metric fuck tonne of work to do over this last week, getting "In a Handful..." off the ground...I think I'll have to try and sum up what I've learned by the end of it so I can make better use of the next break though.