Sunday, December 23, 2007

First World Problem #2487c

I've come home to find that all of my bookmarks have mysteriously disappeared! Got-damn, there where like 150 of the buggers!

Just thought I'd make this post to say that this space is likely to be quiet until Boxing Day or maybe the day after, for obvious reasons. I definitely want to take some pictures around Carp in that time, so perhaps I will finally deliver on my "Carp has some stuff too!" post(s). Merry Christmas and all that!

Addendum: Though this article is written with America in mind, I think it applies (to varying degrees) even in countries without abstinence education. An interesting read on the sexualized/puritanical conflict of interests in teaching young people how to see themselves and the bodies of the opposite sex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I might actually use that article in the class I'm teaching next semester, if you don't mind?

Oliver Brackenbury said...

Oh by all means, go ahead. I don't know if you'd need to check with the author, but I certainly don't mind.