Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thames at Noight - Part...OH NO WAIT

So I think the Internet Gods don't want me posting photos. First, uploading through blogger stops working and now Photobucket (which I've been leaning on lately) doesn't want me to see my album due to their sloppy bucket-genitaled (I'd like to think neither gender wants their junk compared to a bucket) website master failing to do something he or she should have done.

What am I going to do? Write something of substance? Give some actual news you can use?

Well, okay.

The first thing to mention is that what I mentioned a little while ago, has yet to cease but by late next Friday I will be able to explain what's been "up". What I can say right now is that the doom quotient in the equation has been pretty much erased and that all* my genitals are still in a delightful, non-bucket form. Aside from the third cold I've caught in just under three months (what the HELL? I get sick maybe once a year, at least in before times), I'm feeling fine. I'm still going to be pretty busy, especially over this weekend, but I should be a bit better about correspondence.

I definitely feel that I am going to do up a list of things I have learned during my tenure in England thus far, since I finally feel that I have a sliver of authority on the matter. That being said, a lot of items on that list will probably be qualified as being London specific since in many ways this city is close to being a city-state. There is going to be a Negatives, or similarly named, component as well. The vast majority of this site has been a love letter to London specifically, England in general. After more than a year of this, I'm starting to feel somewhat disingenuous since I'm pretty sure I said this would be my record of experiences and observations - not a highly personal tourist pamphlet.

Plus I definitely feel like I've been mincing my words on the few posts where I have mentioned anything negative about England. This is mostly because I have friends and family who live in that country - gasp - that sometimes read this site. But since when did a similar dynamic stop me from criticizing anything Canadian? Let's push things forward then, shall we?

So I'm going to have a good think, maybe even write a draft and then slap it up in the next day or two. I will do my best to avoid hyperbolic exaggeration or watering anything down with one of the more popular bullshit milkshakes on sale in the intellectual emporiums.

*ALL OF THEM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Substance!

Actually, the reason you may be catching so many colds likely has to do with your immunity- your body is largely immune to Canadian strains, so when you were here, you'd feel sniffly for a couple of days and then go on your way, but you aren't adjusted to the UK strains, so they flatten you.

I got a cold in South Africa that flattened me for 2 weeks. I was shocked. Apparently that's what colds are SUPPOSED to feel like.

Oliver Brackenbury said...

That sounds like ten kilos of makin' sense to me! I swear, that one time I'd get sick in a year? Maybe 48 hours at the long end. But the last cold/flu/cough lasted (in various forms) for two weeks!

SO THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE

HU-MAN.

Anonymous said...

Just be grateful it's not the Plague. Although, on the plus side, if you survived, you'd likely be immune to HIV.