Thursday, April 05, 2007

I wish I could will myself to honestly make the "pubic art" typo...

...but I can't! I can only look back upon the moment from The Critic and chuckle. Public art, this has to do with public art.

POINT
I've mentioned the fella a couple of times and have a permanent link in my sidebar, but just in case you've missed the biz - Posterchild is a street artist that I'm a pretty big fan of. I like his work and the philosophy behind it, both of which being rare occurrences as I am pretty hard on the art world - having a strong urge to point out naked emperors to anyone in earshot. Maybe it comes from growing up constantly being exposed to artistry of one form or another (thanks Ma and Pa), maybe I'm an ass.

ANYways

There was a very strong interview with him as conducted by the Torontoist - check it out. Through the article I also discovered that someone is finally taking a stand against those mind blowingly wasteful invasions of privacy - billboard trucks.

In other "giving props"-related news, my longtime chum and general ne'er do well Robert Near just got his first front page article and it is a very enjoyable interview with The Roots. Spread that on your Web 2.0 and take a bite. He's come a long way from his first music articles penned between evenings of debauchery in Montreal, while chugging along through McGill, and it shows.

Me?

I......broke the lid to a pot and swore rather creatively? I also came up with a pun and a marginally clever line for a lecherous character, both of which I put into my tiny notebook. True story!

No comments: