Sunday, April 08, 2007

Britains strongest weapon against Climate Change...

...is, right now and in my own opinion, The Big Ask Campaign. Fundamentally, it is a plan put together by The Friends Of The Earth to hold the government to it's responsibility of protecting the people from danger - such as...oh I don't know.

I rather prefer the style of the Big Ask Campaign to other lobbys in that it not only informs but stresses that we are not powerless and that we need to get involved and create a dialogue with our elected representatives. I haven't detected a whiff of smug superiority, doom and gloom ranting or impractical solutions amongst any of the literature that I've come across so far. A good starting point is this interview with Thom Yorke who, unlike Bono, is a University educated man that does not seek publicity for the sake of it - in fact, he has a history of being repelled by it. Try to keep that in mind when you watch this video, for once I'd like to encourage that your cynicism be left at the door.

No comments: